Sunday 19 February 2012

Tasting Journey #13 - Seto Japanese Restaurant

Seto Japanese Restaurant
155-8460 Alexandra Rd., 
Richmond, B.C. Canada
Phone: 604-231-9493

http://setosushi.ca/ 

Just realized that I forgot to log this restaurant...
Stopped by Seto for dinner earlier last month because a friend of mine, Allen Lin, was in town.  I knew Allen briefly during my time at Nike.  He held a temp job in the CE lab one summer while I was working there. Considering that he was easy-going, and was nice to work with,it only made sense that I played host and spend an afternoon with him.  He was in town for some really random reason; he was in Seattle studying and decided to cross the boarder to renew his visa.  Unexpected, his US visa was revoked when he tried to return to US, and was therefore, "stuck" in Canada.  He hadn't brought along any luggage or change of clothes as he originally planned it to be a day trip.  He is now money-less, friend-less, luggage-less in a foreign country.  What was supposed to be a day-excursion turned into 2-months vacation...

Anyways, so we ended up having dinner at Seto.  Seto reminded me of Daimasu, a long-time favourite go-to place for sushi.  I've had lots of experience with eating Japanese food.  Though I can't say I am an expert, but having opted for Japanese food 90% of the time I eat out, and having lived in Japan for 8 months (not to mention at least 5+ times of visiting Japan), I can tell whether the food is at least, at minimal, up to Vancouver standard. The food was well prepared, and what I thought stood out for me was the wasabi salt (instead of the regular salt 'n pepper) that they had - it really spiced up all the dishes well!  It blended really well with almost every dish, from the agedashi tofu, to the tonkatsu... I need to get my hands on a bottle of this, and I'll be the happiest person on earth! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment