Tuesday 25 June 2013

Epilogue (10 months later)

It's been 10 months since my last post. It doesn't mean that I haven't been trying out new restaurants, but rather, I have just been lazy in logging them.  Partly because I feel quite "fobbish" to be taking photos every time a dish arrives at the table; partly because I oftentimes get too anxious/hungry and forget to take photos; but mostly because I've reached my 25 restaurant goal, and just don't feel like maintaining it.  It is a never-ending task.

I don't think blogging should feel like a chore. It should be something that I enjoy (I am still trying to figure that out)...and to dread having to document it is just not the right mentality.  On one end, I feel like I need to push myself a bit, though this thought disappears rather quickly.  However, at the same time, I am constantly reminded of again by my coworkers who are always on some sort of "30 day challenge".  Maybe blogging is something that I can be persistent on (since I've failed my life long goal to lose weight aka not persistent), or maybe I should just let it be. Maybe. 

So I have all these food photos in my phone, I download them onto my computer into a folder. Then what?  I decided to log into my blog tonight. I looked at the 30 posts I've written last year, and a smile naturally appears on my face.  It is a good feeling. It is a happy feeling. It is an accomplishment.

I think what I really dread is not so much logging the restaurants, but rather, the thought of having to write and comment on it. I've always disliked writing essays,  or even paragraphs.  If you know me personally, you'll know that I'm a very fact-based person.  Maybe it's from having spent most of my highschool/university life documenting test results, and writing lab reports - short, precise, and to the point.

So after many moments of indecisiveness, I've decided.
I want to document the restaurants I've visited. So to make this happen, I am committed to (lulu/landmark lingo) keeping the blog alive.  And to achieve this, I am declaring (another lulu/landmark lingo) that I will upload photos with minimal text.  This will reduce the stress of having to write.  Picture in itself is worth a thousand words.  Good luck, Ganbare, 加油.

No comments:

Post a Comment