Sunday 1 December 2013

Tasting Journey #47 - HK Trip - 翠華, 添好運, 永華麵家, 滿記甜品

I spent a week in HK for the L&D Training. I had the priviledge of spending this week with a foodie co-worker, who did a lot of researching prior to visiting HK. So we were able to visit quite a few popular restaurants.

  
永華麵家 - I forgot to take a photo of this restaurant, but it was recommended by Anthony Boujrdaine - a well-known American chief. I ordered a bowl of their famous shrimp wonton noodle soup. It was pricey, $5.
The noodle, apparently was pressed and cut by bamboo sheets.  The broth is really good. Definitely worth trying out.


滿記甜品 - I love their 楊枝甘露涼粉. Hui Lau Shan (許留山) also has similar desserts, and both are extremely tasty.  Pomelo, mango....etc....


 I didn't get a chance to try this one, but it is considered a Michelin 1 star restaurant known for dim sum.


添好運 -  Rated Michelin 1-star, it is a place that offers quick eat, and decent quality dim sum. Honestly, I have to say that Vancouver Dim Sum quality is still by far, better. However, of all the dishes I tried, one dish that is worth mentioning, is the fish paste stuffed jalapeno pepper. Spicy and flavourful.


 
 
 翠華 - HK-style cafe that serves both congee and HK-style western food. We had spaghetti, risotti-type of dishes... all very tasty but I do have to say that because of its popularity, the price is slightly higher than what you would expect for a HK-style cafe.



正斗 - The restaurant that serves best congee ever! Ever since I started connecting flights in HK for business, I would always, ALWAYS, take the time to visit 正斗 for their congee.  If you are a congee lover, you HAVE TO try it. It is crazy expensive, but it is goo~~~d. So good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment