Sunday 19 January 2014

Tasting Journey #61 - 永和豆漿 (大安店)

永和豆漿 (大安店)
台北市復興南路二段102號
(near 大安MRT station)

Apparently it is a popular hang out place for a post-clubbing meal.
It offers the very traditional breakfast dishes such as soy bean milk, 燒餅油條, 蛋餅, 飯糰...etc.
I was quite surprised with the different iterations available such as adding an egg into your 燒餅 or adding 飯糰 into your 燒餅... all seemed quite odd to me as why would you want to combine different dishes together. I didn't dare try, but hey, there's gotta be demand for it to stay on the menu right?

I tried the steamed dumplings, salty soy bean milk and the basic 燒餅油條.
Remind me never to order savoury soy bean milk anymore. Reason #1 - it is not aesthetically pleasing at all. It looked like it was regurgitated from somewhere.. you know what I mean. Reason #2, soy bean to me is more like a drink, something that can compliment the dryness of the 燒餅.  This savoury version had lots of ingredients in it, such as pickled radish and dried shrimp...etc. It tasted more like soup, and is served hot. You can gulp it down as you choke on the dryness of your 燒餅.

Steamed dumplings ain't that spectacular either, and not worth mentioning at all.

Would I go back? Maybe not, but wouldn't be reluctant to eat it if I happen to be in the area and hungry as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment