Sunday 16 February 2014

Tasting Journey #74 - 兩喜號魷魚羹

兩喜號魷魚羹
台北市萬華區廣州街245號
02.23087332

A local eatery that serves Taiwanese dishes. 
We arrived just before noon, and the restaurant wasn't busy, though with a constant in/out-flow of customers.  As soon as noon hits, it's like as if a storm hit - a constant influx of people, occupying every chair and table that is vacant in the restaurant.  I guess it's popular for a reason.

There's not too many selection on the menu, but given how busy it is, I would assume that the food must taste great.  Its most famous dish is the 魷魚羹 (squid thick soup), which I didn't think was that great.  On the other hand, the rice noodle (炒米粉) and the rice with pork (滷肉飯) was awesome. 

I love rice noodles, and my mom makes killer-ass rice noodles.  I've tried many rice noodles in the past, and I did notice that their rice noodle is made with a bit more oil (most likely lard of some sort) than typical.  Pleasant but noticeably greasier, but not in the negative sense that there's a puddle of oil sitting at the bottom of the bowl.

Rice with pork is enjoyable as well.  I don't typcially order this kind of dish, though as much as I love how tasty it is, it is literally, a straight up shot of fat and carbs. 

Overall, I would say that the food is good, and that I would definitley stop by for a quick grab if I'm in the area, but not worthy of traveling all the way just for this.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment