Saturday 29 March 2014

Tasting Journey #83 - 穗科手打烏龍麵

穗科手打烏龍麵
two locations: 中山國中MRT & 忠孝敦化MRT
台北市忠孝東路四段216巷27弄3號
02.2778.3737


I heard of this place a few times, but never had the urge to try it out because I am not a fan of udon.  Recently, a friend of mine came to visit and wanted to check out another hand-made udon place. I suggested this one to her, knowing that is supposed to be popular and good.  It turns out that it's owned by the same group.


Although not a fan of udon, I figured what the heck, there's got to be some non-udon dishes that I can try out there. So off we went to this place for lunch.  I had ordered their cold udon, and surprisingly, the noodle used in this dish is of much thinner string than what we would typically expect in a udon dish.  Perfect.  The noodle is amazing - very chewy. The sauce is light and is made of ponzu sauce that made it very refreshing to the taste.  An excellent combination.


We also ordered a few side dishes to try.  The black sesame tofu I find interesting, but not that pleasing. The texture unique and the sauce is made of some type of fermented bean curd.  Noteworthy mention is their tomato - pickled with plum wine and plum, it is soooooooooooo tasty. My eyes lit up when I bit into it.  Unbelievably refreshing and appetizing.  Lastly, from my 2nd visit to this place, I ordered their vegetable dish - 龍鬚菜 with gomae sauce, also quite good.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment