Friday 4 April 2014

Tasting Journey #87 - Gabee 咖啡店

Gabee 咖啡店
民生東路三段113巷21號
02.2713.8772


Came here after lunch with a friend whom I haven't seen for over 10 years.  She highly recommended this coffee place because it has won awards in the past.  I must try it then!


The café is brightly lit; white tables and white chairs.  Contemporary decoration in a quiet alley way.
It's busy though. Next to the seats is a sill that has been fully occupied by anything coffee related from roaster to mugs to sacks.

 
The menu folds out to one sheet, and it serves many types of creative and flavoured coffee.  I ordered a cup of black coffee to try out the quality of the bean.  The server asked if I wanted northern Italy or southern Italy.  Apparently northern is more rich in acidity, where as southern is more bitter. I opted for the bitter option as I am not a fan of acidic coffee - It sometimes reminds me of overnight coffee if it doesn't have a smooth after taste.  I also ordered a waffle to compliment my coffee.

 
Coffee is dark roasted, and rich.  Waffle is only so-so.  My friend highly recommend that I have the honey and cream on the side, as it makes the waffle soggy quite quickly.  Overall, I think the coffee's not bad, but I wouldn't say that the waffle is over the top. 



 






No comments:

Post a Comment