Sunday 22 June 2014

Tasting Journey #113 - 北平一條龍

北平一條龍
台北市萬華區峨嵋街10號
02.2321.6166


Located in 西門町, this dumpling place looks like it's been around forever.
Red interior decoration, elder server, scratched cutleries, this entire restaurant showed nothing but signs of age. The food's not great, but definitely portrayed strong flavour of Chinese dishes - something that foreigners would like. 


As soon as we sat down, the server offered us 小菜 (cold appetizer dishes).  These aren't really tasty, nor does it say how long it's been sitting around.  Nonetheless, I wanted my friend to try out these appetizer dishes, as I feel this is also part of the Taiwanese dining experience.


I probably wouldn't come back though there isn't anything drastically wrong with it.  It's just not authentic - 北平 cuisine is more Chinese than Taiwanese, though I believe these dishes probably have been "Taiwanized" already.  If I happen to be in the area, there are definitely other much better places to try out.

No comments:

Post a Comment