Friday 11 July 2014

Tasting Journy #118 - Café Prague

Café Prague
臺北市溫州街20號
02.2369.7722


My colleague and I attended a conference, and after the conference, we felt we needed some type of caffeine to keep us going for the rest of the way.  So I quickly turned on my food app, and searched for a coffee shop near by.  Cafe Prague showed up.


Cafe Prague is hidden in a residential area, and covered by fences that didn't reveal itself as a cafe.  For a moment, we thought we were at the wrong location.  We walked into the cafe and were immediately captivated by the scent of the cafe.  It wasn't coffee, but full of floral smell. I'm not an expert in flowers, but it definitely smelled nice.  It brought a sense of calmness to those who inhaled the air, like magic.



The cafe was spacious. Lots of open area and minimal table.  Right in the middle of this openness is a grand piano.  every decoration reeked of European taste and a strong sense of laidback vibe.

 
 

We looked at the menu. It's not cheap. All coffee costs $250 each. Dessert's not listed on the menu, but we later found out that they were all at $150 each. Each of us ordered a cup of coffee and an order of their handmade dessert.  I had their Prague coffee.  It was light, yet flavourful.


The entire experience was very welcoming.  I'm not sure if I would ever go back given the price range, but I do have to say that the price is worth the therapeutic calmness you get from being there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment