Sunday 9 November 2014

Tasting Journey #157 - 大盛豬排專門店

大盛豬排專門店
台北市大安區新生南路三段76巷10-1號
02.2369.3017


Affordable Japanese set menu's located next to the University of Taiwan where lots of students on budget roams. 


What a surprise find!  We were walking around the area hunting for a place to eat, and we came across this tiny little Japanese place that had a constant flow of crowd.  We walked in, and we were captivated by the ambience - every is wooden, and true to Japanese-style.  The building is tiny, and has 2 floors - just tall enough so your head won't hit the ceiling (well, for my height at least hehee). 



The dishes are well worth the price range, but the portions are for ladies.  I ate my set, and I was only 80% full. I guess perfect for a lady, but not enough if you are a guy.  I had the Pomello fried chicken, and it was presented like a taco-yaki dish.  Mark had the burger, and he had a giant meat-ball patty sitting ontop of a bowl of rice.  Their Japanese beer is also interesting - Vanilla scented.  I wanted to also try their coffee-scented beer, but since we were going for coffee afterwards, I held back.

 


Overall, I would say that it is a decent find.  The food is great, and the ambience is welcoming.  Though satisfactory, I probably wouldn't travel all the way there just for the food, but would definitely pay them a visit again if I were ever in the neighbourhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment