Monday 1 December 2014

Tasting Journey #160 - 維多利亞茶餐廳

維多利亞茶餐廳
台北市萬華區成都路27巷19號
02.2382.6388


I've been here many many here ago by accident.  Thought it was good, but didn't impress me enough to want to remember this place.  Maybe I ordered the wrong thing, or maybe I was only visiting and didn't care much about noting down the restaurants....but I came back here a second time recently, this time recommended by a friend, and had a much more lasting impression.



Located in one of the tiniest alley in 西門町, this place is packed of people wanting to get a dose of HK.  Like any typical HK-style cafe, no fancy interior, sticky table, and a tiny room over jammed with people.  One thing I have to say is that once you are out of HK, you don't get the same service - no yelling, no throwing your cutleries on the table, nor waitress walking away while you are still talking. heheehee...


We ordered a rice in a steamed pot, as well as a spam dish (i love spam).  Milk tea is a must, and you can't go wrong with it.  I really enjoy the steamed pot, as it is extremely hot, and as you pour the sauce over the bowl, the steel pot makes the rice very crusty and you hear the sizzling of the sauce and you smell the richness of the soy sauce flavour.

 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment