Tuesday 17 March 2015

Tasting Journey #172 - 樂子咖啡

樂子咖啡
Various
臺北市基隆路一段14751
02.2764.1680
www.thediner.com.tw



This restaurant had a deal on Groupon, so we came to give it a try.  The restaurant is located in the heart of Taipei, in the busiest area of East District near City Hall.

 

Upon arriving the cafe, we immediately saw a patio that has an external heater. Love. Walking in, I noticed that the decoration is made of lots of displays ranging from photos to lego figurines to books.  All fell within one theme - inspirational quotes.  What really stood out for me is "Eat to Live". I'm ure many will resonate with that, lol.



I have to say cafe's like this mostly caters to audiences that only require a comfy place for chit chat, and not so much focus on the food. So I guess there's no surprise nor disappointment there.  The interesting section of the menu is the pancakes. Every dish, whether savoury or sweet, was made on a wrap/pancake-ish type of base.  Some worked well, others, meh…

 

Overall experience isn't bad. I probably wouldn't return for the food, but if I need a last minute place to rest my feet, this would be an option to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment