Sunday 4 October 2015

Tasting Journey #195 - PapaRich

PapaRich
台北市市民大道四段102-1號
02.0751.2188



Malaysian restaurant that serves all varieties of South East Asian cousine - Hainanese chicken, Laksa, pho, Pad Thai...etc.

Every dish we ordered tasted sweet. Kind of like how Szechuan are spicy, Shanghainese are sweet. A little bit too sweet to my liking, but probably authentic.

The Hainese chicken was disappointing as the favour tasted just like any other water boiled chicken.
Slightly infused with the Padang leave flavour, the rice was soft & wet, consistent with what I had experienced when I went to Melaka.  My preference is still MaMaLee's in Vancouver.

 
We did order an interesting dish that I've never had before - toast with margarine + sugar + Kaya. According to wikipedia, kaya is a type of coconut jam. Interesting, but not my favourite.
 

Satay, a common dish in south east asia. Again, the peanut sauce is sweet.  Lastly, the fried rice with the crab sauce was also sweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment