Monday 19 August 2013

Tasting Journey #39 - Nanchuu (南廚)

Nanchuu (南廚)
1160-8391 Alexandra Road
Richmond, BC
604.276.8391
http://www.gyokingroup.com/gyozaking/group.html


I think I've been here before, a few years back.  Interior remains unchanged with wooden stalls and tables.
The menu selection however, seemed to be different. I remembered the menu selection used to be more tapas focus, like Guu, but now, their selections included ramen, and salads.  I guess this type of menu widens their guest-base, as it can now be catered towards people who works in the neighbourhood; popping in for a quick and filling lunch at a reasonable price.

We ordered quite a few dishes. As usual, our eyes had bigger bigger appetite than our stomachs can allow.   I must say that all the dishes were fairly tasty. Price is actually quite decent when compared to other tapas.  Maybe because we had a filler - ramen, so we were extremely stuffed after our meal.  We ended up paying $50 (after tax, excluding tips) for 5 dishes.

trio appetizer
salmon carpaccio
chili shrimp
shio ramen
beef yukke











Price: $$
Ambiance: Great
Quality: Great
Would I visit again: Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment