Wednesday 29 January 2014

Tasting Journey #67 - 天星港式飲茶

天星港式飲茶
台北市南京東路三段275號二樓(兄弟飯店旁) 
02.2713.3877
http://www.citystar.com.tw/about04.php

I love dim sum. Vancouver has awesome dim sum, but does Taipei?
Two of my coworkers come here a lot, and recommended this place for our pre-CNY luncheon.  We arrived around 1pm, and it was still packed.  Good sign. 
This place is part of the City Star Restaurant Group. I have previously tried their other restaurant - 京星, but did not find it appealing at all.  Unlike 京星, the table space is much more comfortable.  Like any dim sum restaurants, it is expected to be loud and busy.  Food is tasty, especially the BBQ pork bun.  I heard their BBQ pork is really good too, but they ran out already.  The Singaporean vermicelli noodle was a bit wet, but I was surprised that they would even serve this at a dim sum restaurant.  I would come back here again. Heck, I'm going to bring my 96 years old grandma here for a tasting journey. She loves dim sum, and I'm sure she will enjoy this place.

 










No comments:

Post a Comment