Sunday 16 February 2014

Tasting Journey #69 - 湛廬咖啡

湛廬咖啡
台北市忠孝東路四段553巷6弄4號1樓
(various locations across Taipei)
02.2763.9909
http://www.zhanlu-coffee.com/main.htm

Decent quality, and decent taste.


I am a heavy coffee drinker, ranging from 1-3 cups a day.  I am not a picky coffee drinker, sometimes drinking coffee for the purpose of caffeine, and for that dose of adrenaline.  I am not an expert in coffee, but my eefinition of a good coffee is if it is aromatic and smooth to my liking, then it's considered "good" coffee for me.


For me, a good latte is a drink that offers a fine balance between coffee and milk; a drink that captures the aromatic taste of coffee bean, as well as the richness of milk.  I find that many of the latte's served in Taipei tends to shift a bit too heavy on the milk side - I oftentimes find myself drinking frothed warm milk despite ordering a latte.


Zhanlu's latte gets a passing grade; The coffee is strong enough to finely balance out the richness of the milk.  I also had a sip of the Americano.  It is a bit more on the acidic-side, yet it is still smooth.  I guess maybe it is the quality bean used that differentiates this acidic tastes from the sour taste oftentimes found in over-night coffee.







No comments:

Post a Comment