Sunday 2 March 2014

Tasting Journey #76 - 杏子日式豬排

杏子日式豬排
various locations
台北市南京東路二段63號
02.2537.3767
http://www.anzu.com.tw/face.htm

Tasty tonkatsu at an affordable price.


Recommended by my coworker for its tasty tonkatsu options, it was definitely worth a try.
There are two types of tonkatsu:
1. 里肌肉豬排
2. 腰內豬排

So what's the difference between the two?
里肌肉豬排 is supposed to contain a bit more fat, and fiber texture, whereas the 腰內豬排 is a bit more lean.   I had ordered the 里肌肉豬排 thinking that a slightly fattier meat would offer a better flavour.  I was expecting the fat to be evenly distributed amongst the fiber textures, but I was wrong. 1/4 of the meat was pure fat.  The lean part was still really tasty.  Next time I'll definitely want to try the 里肌肉豬排.

All in all, this is a great place to dine out at, regardless whether it is for lunch or dinner.
Did I mention that the set menu also comes with bottomless miso soup, rice, and cabbage salad?



No comments:

Post a Comment