Sunday 2 March 2014

Tasting Journey #77 - 富樂台式刷刷鍋

富樂台式刷刷鍋
台北市承德路四段75號之1
02.2886.6895

Super affordable hot pot located near the infamous Shilin night market.
Jaw-dropping long line-up.  I arrived at 7:30pm only to find out that my friend had already lined up amongst the gazillion of others who are also waiting to get their mouth on the food. Unbelievably, we did not get our seat till 9pm.


The food quality is acceptable; portion is large, and the menu selection is complete. However, I do not understand what calls for such long line-ups.  To behonest, I wouldn't mind eating here again if there's no line-up, but I probably wouldn't bother standing in line for 1.5 hours just to have this hot pot.  According to my friend, the broth is made from sugar cane.  Frankly speaking, I couldn't tell.
All I recall is that the broth is light and likely no MSG was added.  I guess maybe it is healthy, hence light to the taste, and hence the popularity.


No comments:

Post a Comment