Monday 17 March 2014

Tasting Journey #79 - 雲之泰 雲南泰國料理

雲之泰 雲南泰國料理
忠孝東路三段10巷22號
02.27652.5163

Recommended by my coworker who said this is the best Thai restaurant around town.  Best in the sense that it is authentic for a great price.
True dat.

 

The restaurant is not fancy, but fully decorated with pieces of art that displayed a strong sense of southern asian culture.  The cutleries are of those that are very typical of Thai restaurants - stainless steel (?) silverware and cups.

We ordered five dishes, and ended up paying approx $200/person.
Taste was decent, not mind drooling. I love water spinach, and nothing could pretty much go wrong with that dish. Given that it's Thai-style, I was expecting the flavour to be a lot stronger, spicier, sweeter, more vinegrette. I barely tasted the shrimp paste in this stir-fry dish. Don't get me wrong, I still fully enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment