Sunday 2 March 2014

Tasting Journey #78 - Fika Fika Cafe

Fika Fika Café
台北市伊通街33號1樓
02.2507.0633
http://www.fikafikacafe.com/


Suggested as a chill out place with my coworkers on a 3-day long weekend, the three of us (plus their two pregnant wives) decided to come here for an afternoon coffee bonding time.


Located in a residential area (it seems), next to a park, this hideaway shop looks like the perfect place to bring a book and read for an afternoon.  Well, not exactly. Let's start with the interior decoration first...


I really like the contemporary look that this coffee shop gives.  Brighty lit open space design, seats with options of high chair, on a bench, on a couch or on a chair.  However, the crowd just keeps coming.  When I arrived, it was fully occupied with guests sitting in random spot. There was no way for the coffee shop to accomodate 5 people, and there was no way for them to tell how long the wait was either.


Coffee was also nicely presented.  I had ordered the Americano, wanting to taste the quality of the coffee bean. I have to say that it is on the acidic side.  Though I'm not a fan of acidic coffee bean, I have had ones that are still smooth to the swallow. This wasn't it.  To me, it tasted a bit like stale coffee.  Maybe a latte would've been a better choice.  Latte had a nice presentation, and so did the brown sugar macchiato.  Dessert (cheesecake) was also tasty.

Price-wise, I have to say it is on the expensive side, with an Americano costing at NTD$130/cup.
This was the cheapest one of all the coffee options, escalating all the way up to NTD$200+/cup.

Would I go back? Well, I would consider it if there's no crowd.




No comments:

Post a Comment