Friday 4 April 2014

Tasting Journey #89 - 誠記越南麵食館

誠記越南麵食館
台北市永康街六巷一號
02.2321.1579
http://www.thanhky.com/


Found this place on ipeen.com.tw because a friend visiting wanted to have pho for lunch.  I am a big fan of Vietnamese pho, but haven't had much chance to dig into this type of cuisines in Taipei yet.  Vancouver has lots of tasty pho. I'm not sure if it is considered authentic in Vancouver, though there are a huge Vietnamese population there, and that these pho restaurants are all owned by true Vietnamese.  However, during my stay in Taichung a few years back, I did go around town looking for a taste of Vancouver-style Vietnamese pho and was unsuccessful.  My thought is either that Vancouver Pho is very unauthentic, or that it is from a different part of Vietnam, knowing that Northern Vietnam and Southern Vietnam has very different pho broth.
 
 
Thanhky is extremely popular for a reason.  Two store fronts located right across from each other in the 永康 district, both packed with people even at 1pm.  My friend and I ordered a salad roll, a bowl of their signature pho dish each, and vietnamese coffee. Worth mentioning is that the pho broth is really good.  Someone once told me that pho broth is loaded with MSG. I don't know if this one has MSG, but it's tastefully delicious.  Worth noting is that this dish also won 2nd price in the International Beef Noodle Competition in 2008.  The dish was also loaded with toppings made of beef bowl, tripe, beef slices, tendons and whatever other internal organ stuff I don't recognize.  The portion's huge, even for a small.
 

Coffee is typical, and the spring roll is soft and fresh.  Can't complain. 
I definitely recommend trying this place out.





No comments:

Post a Comment