Thursday 17 April 2014

Tasting Journey #92 - 小樽手作咖啡

小樽手作咖啡
various locations
台北市東興路23號
02.2528.3288


Came here with a girl friend of mine because I needed to work (it was Monday afternoon), and she was waiting for me to finish up so we can go shopping together.

Architecture-wise, what struck me as interesting is the wooden door; It is heavy, huge, and thick.
The interior is quite common within the coffee cuture in Taipei - modern and wood themed. It is spacious, well-lit, and with electrical outlets for people who wants to surf the web.

 
Menu-wise, we went there for coffee, so I only paid attention to their coffee selection. It offers more creative coffee than single bean coffees for the experts.  Lots of latte's and frangrant drinks.
I ordered a sea salt latte. 

 
I did not know what to expect. Salty coffee?  Taking a sip of the coffee, I am pleasantly surprised by how well it tastes.  The sea salt is blended into the frothy milk that sits on top of the coffee.  Maybe the addition of salt makes the froth smoother and creamier.  Maybe the addition of salt stabilizes the froth so that it stays frothy longer.  Maybe the addition of salt brings out the aroma of the coffee.   Maybe, and maybe. A definitly maybe just a little bit better. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment