Friday 18 April 2014

Tasting Journey #93 - 鳥家居酒屋

鳥家居酒屋
台北市忠孝東路四段223巷46號
02.2771.3902

Every time I walk by this place on a weekend, it is always packed.  Very typical izakaya-style where the entire restaurant front is made of wood, with a red lantern.
Menu is hand-written, and the selection is as expected. Servers are very interesting, as they all wear a name tag that showed some popular Japanese names. I asked one of them whether that is part of the uniform, but the Taiwanese responded that that is his name during working hours.  What an interesting policy/humour.


Food-wise, I have to say that 作田 is still much better. Price range is similar.
Dishes are all served on a small plate, and the portions are typical izakaya. I have to say that if I am looking for izakaya food, 作田 is still number one choice.










No comments:

Post a Comment