Friday 13 June 2014

Tasting Journey #105 - Hong Kong 茶水攤

Hong Kong 茶水攤
台北市南京東路三段218號
02.2778.7120

 
As a big fan of HK-style cafe, I was super excited to try this place out when my colleagues suggested that we head for dinner after our team yoga class.  Located near the busy cross-street of 南京東路 & 復興北路, I can't believe that I've walked by there so many times, and have never noticed this 4-story tall building.  Maybe it's because Taiwan is full of brightly lit and flashing street signs that blends everything into one big colourful image.

Like all HK-style cafe, the walls of the restuarant is full of signs and posters telling guests the new must-try specials that they are now offering. Reading the menu is like reading an essay - a gazilliong combination tht makes you dizzy unless you know right away what you want.  Of course I know what I want, given my biased favouritsm for HK-style cafe's.  Noise and crowd is also what you would expect at a place like this.  All not a surprise and fully accepted for this type of cuisines.


My gauge of a HK-style cafe, is their HK-style milk tea.  Not bad at all.  Dishes are fair priced and well portioned for a hungry group of post-yoga peeps. I have to say that their dishes are quite authentic in the sense that they are quite similar to the flavour that you'd find in Hongcouver.  I had the Singaporean vermicelli noodle and fully enjoyed it.  My colleagues said the seafood curry dish was amazing as well.


 
 
I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a good eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment