Friday 13 June 2014

Tasting Journey #106 - 翹翹板小屋

翹翹板小屋
台北市內湖路一段285巷59弄7號1樓
02.2627.1482


A cafe that serves tasty valuable meal at super amazing price.  Seesaw Hut Cafe is located away from downtown Taipei, in Neihu.  It is located in a lane within a lane...which is probably why it's such fairly priced.


The ambience is cozy, with lots of ikea-looking furniture.  Well-lit, and clean.  Mostly highschool and university crowd.  The only thing was that they did not turn on the AC until I requested they do.  The weather has been quite humid and warm, the perfect cultivating season for mosquitoes.  Me, being a feast for mosquitoes, while waiting for my friend to arrive, I got bitten 3-4x.  The room was slightly stuffy, and I couldn't bear it any longer. I had to ask them to turn on the AC. The cooler breeze would rid the mosquitoes somehow.


Each of us ordered a burger, and we ordered fried chicken to share.  The fried chicken was amazing - much juicier and tastier than it looks.  A definite must-try if you visit.  The fish fillet burger wasn't great.  It just tasted out of place, having smoke salmon slices in a burger.  The regular beef burger was amazing.


I'd come back any time. I would love to try other dishes served here.

No comments:

Post a Comment