Thursday 9 April 2015

Tasting Journey #174 - 古月炎串燒居酒屋

古月炎串燒居酒屋
台北市遼寧街-246號
02.2515.5225

Recommended izakaya place by my colleague.  She said it's owned by her friends, and that it's her favourite grill spot.


The restaurant is small, and "Japanese", like all izakaya places.  Not too many seats, and it seems that reservations are constantly full.  We happened to be there just a bit earlier than dinner time, so we were lucky to be given a spot.


Menu has quite a few selections, all very standard, and nothing too extraordinary.  Having tried quite of a few items, I would say that the noteworthy dishes is the boneless chicken wing stuffed with chili pepper.  This is unique as most other places would stuff kimchi or mentaiko instead.  Despite the menu selection, I was disappointed to see that they didn't offer 山藥 (mountain taro) slices with 明太子. They only had potato slices instead. 

 

My colleague recommended their chili sauce as it is their "special ingredient".  It tasted good, but nothing too special that would serve a lasting taste in my memory.  All other grill items were also average.


In summary, this is a mediocre izakaya at a typical price range.  I must say that my favourite is still 作田 by far, both for ambience and for quality.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment