Wednesday 3 June 2015

Tasting Journey #177 - 六丁目

六丁目
台北市新中街六巷7號
02.2761.5510

This café seems to be one of my friend's all-time-favourite. It is located right across from where he works.  He knows them so well that they sometimes are able to deliver to his work place.  He even buys them gifts every now and then.  I wouldn't even be surprised if he even pays on a monthly basis.
He's mentioned of the place many times, and has gotten cakes for take-outs for me. However, we've never stepped foot in the café together, and it's always been a wonder for me why this cafe's so attractive.

One afternoon he decided to go for a bike ride with his cycling friends, and it was the perfect opportunity to wait in the café for him.  Yes, I waited for 5 hours, read an entire book, ate a cake, and ordered two drinks.  What did I think of it?


The café is packed with people.  It must be an appealing place else why would there be such a busy crowd when it is located in a quiet area, hidden in an alley, away from main streets.  The interior décor didn't strike me as anything unique.  Square room with square tables, but off to the side against the wall, is a row of Japanese tea style dining where the wooden floor is slightly raised above ground, and the table is just tall enough to stick your legs through while seated.


The dessert I had on that day wasn't mind blowing, though I've had any tasty cakes from that place previously.  Service is average; Coffee quality is standard, and so was their sen-cha...all at a standard Taipei café price.


Frankly speaking, I really don't understand where the attraction is. Maybe my friend got accustomed to it, and grew fond of it.  I don't mind visiting again as it does offer slightly above average food quality, but there's nothing that screams out telling me to have to visit again.






No comments:

Post a Comment