Thursday 9 April 2015

Tasting Journey #176 - 勺勺客陝西料理

勺勺客陝西料理
台北市中正區仁愛路二段41巷15號
02.2351.7148
http://www.shaoshaoke.com/

 
We were just randomnly scootering around late at night, looking for a place to eat when out of the corner of our eyes, we saw, in a faint distance, a restaurant filled with people.  How could a place in the middle of nowhere attract such great attention?  What first caught my eyes, aside from the crowd, were the scribble-filled worn walls. That's where we will have dinner tonight.



We walked in.  The restaurant is old, and worn - probably also the retro ambience it is trying to create. We were sat in the corner, next to sealed door, of what probably used to be the old entrance to the building.  The tables aren't clean, the walls aren't clean, but ain't no matter as long as the food is tasty.


ShanXi - a province located in northern china.
I'm not too familiar with the delicacies there, so I let Mark do all the ordering while I googled on some reviews of this place.  I guess because of its location, many of the dishes were either pickled, spiced or flour-based noodles/dumplings.  


 
One interesting dish worth mentioning is the 泡饃, a semi-cooked dough based pancake where you need to also do some work to eat this dish. They first serve it to you in a dough form.  You are then to tear it into little pieces like 貓耳朵, where, upon size approval, they would then pour a bowl of hot broth over it to fully cook it (they'll review the sizes, and if too big, they'll ask you to tear it into smaller chunks).  Interesting concept, but the taste was plain.


Dumplings were flavourful, and all the pickled dishes were mouth watering tasty.
I thought we had accidentally came across a hidden gem.  To my surprise, I sent the photo to 2 of my coworkers and they rightaway responded with the name of the restaurant.  Guess it's not as of a secretive find as I thought. :)

 










 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment