Monday 13 October 2014

Tasting Journey #148 - Diary Bistro

Diary Bistro
台北市大安區東豐街53號
02.2706.3553

Great lounge bar/bistro, perfect for hanging out with your girl friends on a weekend.
My friend and I came here for some drinks after dinner. This place is actually owned by my friend's friend. 

 

The ambience is super loungy, dimly lit atmosphere, aromatic food, and friendly service.  According to my friend, the owner is an interior decoration designer.  Large wooden tables for the guests, and sheets of stainless steel for the kitchen.  Super clean, contemporary vibe with touches of personality everywhere.  All menus are hand written (yes, every single book is)...and in addition, with every drinks ordered, there is also a hand written card that details what was added to the drink.

What really appealed to me was their open kitchen.  All food preparation can be seen if sat by the bar.  The food is delicately prepared, but of course you pay for what you get.  Drinks are well made, with shot glasses that are 1.5x the standard N. American size. 

 
It was a pity that we ate prior to visiting, so I didn't get a chance to try their dinner dishes, but from what I heard, all dishes are amazing.  I'm definitely going back for more food.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment